Hampstead School District invites the Timberlane community to a Substance Misuse Forum scheduled for Wednesday March 23rd, 6:30-8:00 PM at the Hampstead Middle School.
The forum will comprise of a panel discussion on the increasing substance misuse in our community. Topics to be discussed will include over-the-counter drugs, prescription medications, opiate and heroin use, as well as resources for parents. Forum representatives are:
- Hampstead Fire Department – Captain Chris Dane
- Hampstead Police Department – Detective Mark Conway
- Plaistow Police Department – Captain Val Eiro
- Hampstead Hospital – Dr. Patti Shea
- School District Representative – Principal Maria Di Nola
- NH Poison Control – Laurie Warnock, MPH
Representatives from the following organizations will be on hand with available resources: Upper Room in Derry, Family Mediation & Juvenile Services in Atkinson, Center for Life Management in Derry, New England Pastoral Institute of Salem, and the Southern Rockingham Coalition.
There will be a visual presentation followed by Q & A from our professional panel listed above.
This is an adult-only presentation, as the topic is mature and meant for parents and adults. It will also provide information on warning signs, things to look for around the home, and what to do if you suspect there may be a problem.