Things Parents Should Communicate to TRSD Nurses
- Any written communication from your doctor’s office post illness/injury
- Call with any changes to demographics or updated medical information
- When calling a student in sick please let us know if they have been confirmed of a contagious illness
Things TRSD Nurses Want Parents to Know
- Students are not permitted to bring in medication (on themselves) for the nurse. Parents must drop it off at the Nurse’s Office.
- Please remember that OTC meds require an MD order, just as a prescription medication would
- Please review the reasons to keep a child home from school. Any questions concerning this call the nurse!
- We cannot stress enough to have immunizations in order for the start of the school year.
- Please bring in medication, MD order, and parental/guardian consent for that medication at the onset of the school year.
- If a spacer is ordered for a student with an inhaler please provide this.
- Please note expiration dates of your medications and supply the nurse with new medication before the expiration date.
- Please note when refills are needed for the nurse and supply this before the supply in the Health Office is depleted.
- Each year when entering info into Info Snap be sure to double check for completeness of the document(s).
- If your child is in a peanut/tree nut sensitive room please call the teacher and/or nurse for any questions regarding this process to ensure safety of our children.
- For our younger children a change of clothing kept in their backpack can come in handy!
- Please have students coming to school with appropriate clothing for the change in seasons.
- Please review the dress code to avoid a call to the parent/guardian for a change in clothing.